Every set of parents, no doubt, have a particularly useful set of tunes for singing to / playing to their children for calm, play, fun and frolics. Here are some of ours â€“ in no particular order.
- Show me the way to go home â€“ YouTube here â€“ I sing this one to calm Emily down.
- Dingle dangle scarecrow â€“ YouTube here â€“ for all occasions
- Heads shoulders knees and toes â€“ for instructing Emily in basic anatomy
- Twinkle twinkle little star â€“ Naniâ€™s favourite tune to sing to her â€“ although you gotta love the Mozart variations
- A whole new world â€“ YouTube here â€“ sung whilst teaching Emily how to waltz
- Incy wincy spider â€“ in Danish â€“ YouTube here
- Ten in the bed and the little one said – roll over â€“ sung whilst training her toâ€¦ roll over
- Boogie Woogie Washerwoman â€“ slowly for sleep, quickly for play! Canâ€™t find an â€˜officialâ€™ version of this song but hereâ€™s a random singing it on YouTube.
- “Walking on sunshine” – re-worded so she’s “Walking on Daddy.” A favourite game!
Lullabies â€“ generally we just play her an album for this â€“ this one â€“ and it helps Emily with her bedtime routineÂ alongside a wind-up ticking alarm clock and a sheep much like this one (thanks to Luke & Em). Amanda sings a calming set of vowel sounds to help her sleep when sheâ€™s upset.
What are your songs to sing to baby??