Inspired by my good lady wife, this post.
1. Buttons are fiddly. Push-fasteners would be better.
2. Fasteners should be on the front or side of clothes. Things on the back are annoying.
3. Anything that requires pulling over a babyâ€™s head is almost automatically less good than anything that doesnâ€™t.
4. Anything that requires actual tying is optimistic at best, except with shoelaces and even thatâ€™s a bit much.
5. Thereâ€™s this thing â€“ velcro â€“ which is awesome. Apply liberally.
6. Thick clothes need more wiggle room â€“ babyâ€™s arms donâ€™t bend like spaghetti into tight spaces.
7. Emilyâ€™s really enjoying the extra freedom she has from being a bit, erm, nakeder, in the warm weather here in Malaysia.
â€¦Iâ€™m sure that there are fashion designers out there would would read this with disdain, saying â€œfasteners are so last year, dah-ling,â€ but as a Dad Iâ€™d pick practicality and comfort over style every time. This isnâ€™t an argument Iâ€™ll win every time but itâ€™s nice to voice the thought.